I found the Sony SWR10 SmartBand to be a great strap when starting to monitor my fitness level. By monitoring my distance and steps, it was a great eye opener on how little I was walking or running. I really recommend the SWR10 band to anyone starting out. Knowing how you are doing, is the start of changing your habits and looking after your body more by just having a smart fitness band on your arm.
I found the Lifelog app to be great if you are starting out, but eight months after I bought my strap I was looking for more features.
- SmartBand SWR10 and Lifelog Android app support devices running Android 4.4 and later.
- 3 LED Indicators on the side of the strap.
- Waterproof: IP58 rated
- Connectors: Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy, NFC pairing / connecting, Micro USB (charging) only, no data transfer
- Minimal design with only one button.
- Compatible with Google Fit
This fitness band has some disadvantages that I felt that needed to be in the design of this Sony SmartBand.
- The smart band SWR10 does not work with Apple iPhone’s, only Android KitKat or later.
- Sometimes it disconnects when my phone or the smart band ran flat and then it is some effort to pair the band with my phone.
- Does not have a heart rate monitor.
- There is no screen.
A great smart band for someone that is starting out. It gives you a great idea on how much you are actually getting around. However, I would not recommend for someone looking at a smart band that monitors your heart rate during the day, See out the previous review ID107 smart fitness band for a smart band with basic display and heart rate monitor.